Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook  (Read 14586 times)

PAUL

Outlook
« on: May 17, 2004, 03:22:51 PM »
I have Out ;Dlook Express and Outlook on the computer how can I change to Outlook ,and can I delete Outlook Express

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Outlook
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 03:29:57 PM »
    Paul....Simply change your settings so that "Outlook" is your default mail program......currently its set as Outllook Express being the default mail program . Why do you want to delete Outlook Express .......just leave it in the programs folder and if you ever need it it's there for you.
    Hope this helps ,

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 03:43:34 PM »
      Paul....it's me again.....your looking at the last post and are thinking.....DUH....simply change ..........Open OUTLOOK......then when its open go up to the top and click on "TOOLS".......then select "OPTIONS".......when the options box opens click on the "OTHER" Tab........  tick..Make Outlook the default mail program.

That should do it

dl65

PAUL

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 04:07:46 AM »
      I have changed the settings to Outlook but the mail comes to Outlook Express still.How can I take the Outlook Express Icon off of the desktop?

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 04:48:30 AM »
      Have you tried selecting it and pressing the Delete key?  Could also try dragging it to the recycle bin.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 12:22:09 PM »
        Paul .....Follow joleen's suggestion of simply deleting the desktop icon....( it's a shortcut so you will still have the prog available if you want it) Do you have the OUTLOOK icon on your desktop....If not go to .....START .....PROGRAMS...... right click on OUTLOOK icon and select "SEND TO .......create shortcut on desktop.

dl65  ???

merlin