Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer is running hotter than usual  (Read 5764 times)

JohnW

Topic Starter

Starter

Computer is running hotter than usual
    « on: June 21, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »
    Hello,

My computer is running hotter than usual. I dont know the temp, I dont think my motherboard supports that ability to show the temp. The issue it that there is ALOT of heat coming from my computer. It is making my room extremely hot! I know it never used to run hot, and am thinking something may have been damaged during the move. Any info would be great. Thanks

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Computer is running hotter than usual
      « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 07:30:53 AM »
      Let it cool down an install speedfan an we will go from there.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

JohnW

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 07:51:48 AM »
        Alright, I downloaded SpeedFan. Heres the temp info:

GPU: 48c
        temp1: 39c
        Temp2: 45c
        Temp3: 23c
        temp: 127c
        temp: 127c
        HD0: 46c
        HD1: 45c
        Temp1: 40c

And Fan Speeds:

Fan1: 1815
        Fan2: 3516
        Fan3: 831
        Fan4: 0
        Fan5: 0

Ok so wow, cow can I tell what is running at 127c? Thats crazy if something is running that hot, but with the amount of heat comeing out I believe it.

JohnW

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 07:55:17 AM »
          The 2 temp's that are at 127c are staying at 127c. They do not change in temp at all, all the other trmps change... I dont get it :/

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »
          The 127C temps are almost certainly broken/non-existent sensors, so don't worry about them.
          The amount of heat coming from your machine can't be reduced unless you swap the hardware or slow it down.
          Your CPU doesn't seem to have a temperature sensor, but your other temps should be fine, other than your HDDs - they're a little warm.
          What are your computer's specifications, and/or make and model?

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 10:22:09 AM »
          My computer is running hotter than usual. ... The issue it that there is ALOT of heat coming from my computer. It is making my room extremely hot! I know it never used to run hot ...
          Where do you notice most of the heat coming?  Is it from the back of your PSU (power supply unit), where the PSU fan exhausts air?  If you put your hand on the case above the PSU, does the case feel a lot hotter there than the rest of the case?