Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: win2k pro and connecting to another computer  (Read 21539 times)

jgraftjr

win2k pro and connecting to another computer
« on: September 04, 2004, 06:10:16 PM »
Hello
I'm having a problem connecting to my friends computer via tcp/ip. We play madden 2004 on line, I havent had this problem untill I installed windows 2000 pro. I can play other games over the net using gamespy or the game locating engines packaged with the games. I tried pinging his computer, using the ping command in the dos block but it did not see his computer. If i remember correctly I had to turn off a firewall in xp to play this game with him but I don't know what to do in win2k.
hope you can help.

merlin_2

Re: win2k pro and connecting to another computer
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 12:56:26 AM »
have you installed the software to play madden? on line say for instance msn gaming zone use you  need the software to play games?

jgraftjr

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 07:06:03 AM »
yes i have my own original copy of the game and installed it on my computer

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 01:04:24 PM »
sorry to mislead you but i meant the software for the site you use to play this game ?so you can join this game...like this >http://www.gamezone.com/ongaming/p21821.htm
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 01:20:30 PM by merlin_2 »

jgraftjr

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 01:38:37 PM »
I think that it is me that mis lead you. The game I'm having a problem with, I directly connect to my friends computer, he gives me his ip address and thats how I connect, this is where the problem lies. I used windows xp before and had no trouble connecting to his computer but now I had upgraded to windows 2000 pro I can,t ping his computer to join the game. I do use gamespy and other programs to play other games and have no problem in doing so it is just when I try to connect to my friends computer through his ip address.
thanks for your help and your time.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 01:46:13 PM »
have you tried synchronize....is it a good mate..?or its this via remote access...like radmin....as your mates firewall allowing you to access his pc?<dodgy english>
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 01:48:39 PM by merlin_2 »

jgraftjr

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 02:39:45 PM »
yes he is a good friend that lives 1 mile from me. I don't think its his machine because we had no trouble before I upgraded to windows 2000

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 03:05:23 PM »
you may find more info here on this subject and good luck with it>http://www.blackviper.com/WIN2K/servicecfg.htm

jgraftjr

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 05:03:54 PM »
not sure if I understand all this stuff on black vipers page but I will look it over. thank you for all your help

merlin_2

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 05:16:26 PM »
when you ping your mate pc what packets are returned ?can you commuicate with netmeeting<talk to each other>either voice or text>i am trying to get to why your pc/mates or not talking to each other..without that no gaming etc can be achieved....also what happens if your mate pings your pc ....we await response..