Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows vista update  (Read 2917 times)

cygnus1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows vista update
    « on: June 23, 2009, 12:35:45 PM »
    Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions for Windows Vista (KB943729) Can someone please explain this update does? I read microsoft's description and I'm not savvy enough here it is anyways... Yes, I installed it anyways :)     

-Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions for Windows Vista (KB943729)

Installation date: ‎6/‎23/‎2009 8:17 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

Multiple Group Policy Preferences have been added to the Windows Server 2008 Group Policy Management Console (which are also available through the Remote Server Administration Toolset (RSAT) for Windows Vista SP1). Group Policy Preferences enable information technology professionals to configure, deploy, and manage operating system and application settings they previously were not able to manage using Group Policy. After you install this update, your computer will be able to process the new Group Policy Preference extensions. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.

More information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943729

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com
    "

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows vista update
    « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 07:00:11 AM »
    Unless your computer is a member of a Windows Server domain, you can completely ignore this - it will not affect you.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos