Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Drive Problem??  (Read 4611 times)

computerrgirl1

Hard Drive Problem??
« on: June 27, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »
ive had this computer for a while and im not sure what to do.back a couple years ago,my house was struck by lightning.which about fried all the electronics.my computers hard drive started acting up after that.years go by and i got it to work and then crash and then work again.Currently i turn it on it goes through scandisk finding errors on some sectors,and the hard drive makes a grinding noise.it then boots to the login screen   but when i try and log in it says windows explorer caused illegal operation then i click details and it says invalid page fault.then i click close and it stays on the backround with nothing else.I then have to ctrl-alt-delete to shut it down.I have the system recovery disc somewhere but before i go looking for it,im not sure if system recovery will help.Do you think i should run system recovery or just leave it?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Hard Drive Problem??
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 03:50:39 PM »
DLoad and run the FREE diagnostics from the drive manuf. website to see if the drive is data worthy...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "