Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cant hear sound  (Read 2107 times)

NeedHelpBadly

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Cant hear sound
    « on: June 29, 2009, 09:30:53 AM »
    I recently downloaded a version of flashplayer (flash_player_v10.exe and im almost 100% sure that it was a virus. My Norton Anti-Virus detected many viruses and removed them, however I believe the virus is still on my computer. A day later, I found that my sound icon was missing from the bottom right hand corner. I investigated further and found that the Audio and Sound devices tab(control panel) had no audio device registered and I could not play sounds, or adjust volume for my audio device. Under device manager I have Conexant AC- Link Audio as the device which is enabled along with all the other devices. However, I think the problem lies elsewhere. I also ran DXDIAG in run which gave me a system diagnosis which gave me the following errors.DirectSound test results: Failure at step 3
    (DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x88780032 (error code)and DirectMusic test results: Failure at step 6 (Activating the IDirectMusicPort): HRESULT = 0x88780032 (error code)
    Which leads me to believe that my Microsoft Synthesizer is coruppt? I have tried everything so please help me out here.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Cant hear sound
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:46:46 AM »
    Please don't double post.

Continue in your other topic.