Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: address bar problem  (Read 9383 times)

jbre1

Topic Starter

address bar problem
    « on: June 29, 2009, 03:25:11 PM »
    When I open Safari on my computer (an iMac) the following appears on my address bar "HTTP://[p']" and of course I get a message the the web page can not be opened.  What I have been doing is deleting the "[p'] and then typing in "Yahoo.com" to get on the web.  What I need to know is how do I get rid of that "[p'] that shows up on the address bar every time I open Safari.  Any and all help will be appreciated.  TIA   John

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: address bar problem
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »
    jbre1,

Somehow your homepage just got set to that weird address.

Simply open up Safari, and click on "Safari" up in the top left corner of your iMac.  Then click on "preferences."

Once preferences opens up, make sure you are in the "General" section found in the top left corner of preferences.

Simply go to Home page: and type in whatever you'd like your homepage to be (Example: http://www.yahoo.com)

Once that's done, simply close out of preferences by clicking on the red circle in the top left corner.

From now on, when you open up safari, it should come up to your homepage of choice.

cheers.

jbre1

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:17:52 PM »
      U R Da man - Thank you so much for your response.  You have really kept me from going crazy - ok - crazier.  I knew that the solution had to be simple but this 77 year old key pusher in not exactly hi tech literate.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  John in El Paso, TX

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 07:11:02 AM »
      No problem, John.  Always glad to help.  ;D