Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ***Lincoln, Nebraska Independance Day for sale!!!***  (Read 2873 times)

fat_basterd21

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Experience: Experienced
***Lincoln, Nebraska Independance Day for sale!!!***
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »
***Lincoln, Nebraska Independance Day for sale!!!***

As I understand, they will be bumping the 4th of July fireworks to July 3 because Larry the Cable Guy is schedualed for the 4th of July. Lets take a moment to review what the 4th of July is.

"During the American Revolution, the legal separation of the American colonies from Great Britain occurred on July 2, 1776, when the Second Continental Congress voted to approve a resolution of independence that had been proposed in June by Richard Henry Lee of Virginia. After voting for independence, Congress turned its attention to the Declaration of Independence, a statement explaining this decision, which had been prepared by a Committee of Five, with Thomas Jefferson as its principal author. Congress debated and revised the Declaration, finally approving it on July 4." (Quoted from Wikipedia)

Now remember, this isn't just because everyone in Lincoln wants to listen to some foul mouthed comedian cuss all night on our "National Holiday". This is because someone with lots of power wanted to make some more money! God forbid Larry would have to compete with the celebration of the USA becoming its own nation under God. Land of the free, Home of the brave.

Somehow I think those "brave" people who died for our independance would disaprove!!!

P.S. Please copy this and e-mail it or post it where ever you can. I would realy like this story to make national news. Whoever is responsible for this should be permanently disgraced!!!
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!!

fat_basterd21

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Experience: Experienced
Re: ***Lincoln, Nebraska Independance Day for sale!!!***
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »
Before you call spam, I wrote this and I live in Lincoln. Furthermore it should disgust every American that ever lived. All you from other countries I hope you would have similar feelings if someone desicrated your country's national holiday.
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!!

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: ***Lincoln, Nebraska Independance Day for sale!!!***
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »
don't get so worked up about a flag , i think it's worse to see it being turned into hats , knickers , dogs coats , shorts , dresses , etc