Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please help!!! invalid security cert.  (Read 4474 times)

dominique spencer

please help!!! invalid security cert.
« on: June 04, 2005, 07:39:59 PM »
hello- i am having problems downloading the software from our image hosting site- this seems to baffle them completly as they haven't been able to respond with any thing but canned responses- anyway when i try to down load their software with active x my computer will not allow it because it says the security cert. is invalid because it is out of date- i have enabled the computer to accept all active controls, turned off the firewall- the virus scanner, and set allsecurity levels to low as they told me and it still won't download- i never had this problem on my computer that ran windows mill- my new computer runs xp- please help!!! or at least help me help them!! :o

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: please help!!! invalid security cert.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 08:16:38 PM »
I'm guessing that you have Service Pack 2 installed? When it blocks the rpogram from downloading, you should see a little bar appear... If you click on that bar, and click on Allow blocked content, then all should be well...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dominique spencer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 08:28:18 PM »
i've tried that- when i do that i then get a window that says they have blocked it becuase the secuirty cert. when i veiw the security cert. it says that it may have been altered or out of date- the cert. says it vaild thru 2004- i have also had this prob with other sites as well lately- like when i tried to import my favorites in yahoo-

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 06:22:34 AM »
See this *click here* article on Security Zones.  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 07:34:48 AM by Raptor »

dominique

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 07:17:39 AM »
i don't think you included the link-what article are you refering to?

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 07:34:10 AM »
Click on this in my previously made post.

dominique

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 08:06:10 AM »
thank you for the link
i have set already set  my security preferences at the lowest- enabled activex to downolad - shut off the firewall- allowed the popups- and added the site to trusted sites-

i don't know what else i can do-

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 08:15:41 AM »
thank you for the link
i have set already set  my security preferences at the lowest- enabled activex to downolad - shut off the firewall- allowed the popups- and added the site to trusted sites-

i don't know what else i can do-

First of all;

Reset all the above mentioned configurations to their default settings or higher.  immediatly.

Second;

See this article. Manually remove and/or add the security certificate.

dominique

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 08:16:28 AM »
also- in my browser it gives the option to download activex - when i choose to install it anyway i get a window that says the cert. is invalid-