Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe Illustrator Crash  (Read 10064 times)

KhooGW

Adobe Illustrator Crash
« on: July 13, 2009, 06:59:38 PM »
I am using a MAC OS on a MIni Mac with CS3. After loading a currpted picture file last week, I have not been able to boot Illustrator since. Initially, the file was not accepted by the MAC in the sense that the thumb drive I downloaded the file from showed two separate entities.
I reformatted the thumb drive but also downloaded the file on the MAC.
What can I do? Adobe has not replied to the crash report.
Philip

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Adobe Illustrator Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:02:31 AM »
Philip,

You could try deleting the adobe illustrator preferences file and see if that helps. 

It would help if you told us if you're receiving any error messages as well, or if you could describe what exactly happens when you try to open CS3 (does the dock icon bounce, then stop bouncing, etc).

Anyway, to delete the preference file for adobe illustrator, you'll find it on your hard drive under your home folder (if you don't know where that is, here's the full path:

Hard drive --> Users --> username --> Library --> Preferences.  There should be a file there named something like com.adobe.illustrator.plist

Delete that file and try opening illustrator again.

Let us know what happens, and please include as much information as you can.  ;D