Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: If i downloaded an audiobook from iTunes, accidentally del'd it, how do i ...  (Read 17381 times)

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

...get it back?

The book is Eoin Colfer, Supernaturalist.

i simply want to re-download a book I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR without paying again.

when i try and buy it using the menu, it says i could "buy it again" otherwise go to <menubar> store, check for available downloads.

when i do that, it says everything has been downloaded. what do i do?
    " When the rich wage war its the Poor who die "
            Linkin Park

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door. -- Lauren

You cannot buy your friends but you can buy them pizza - AzureBlade49

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Contact the music store where you got the audiobook from, I think Apple would let you redownload a music or audiobook from your history (meaning you've already bought)

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

how'd i view my history?
              Linkin Park

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door. -- Lauren

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

soz for double post,

if i follow this tutorial i can find my purchase.  very first thing i baught.
                Linkin Park

Quantos

Guru
        • Veni, Vidi, Vici
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Experience: Guru
        Contact the music store where you got the audiobook from, I think Apple would let you redownload a music or audiobook from your history (meaning you've already bought)

I'm going to back up 2x3i5x on this.  You should be able to contact them and tell them what happened.  If it's like any other purchase they should have no problems letting you retrieve it.
        Evil is an exact science.

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
          • Yes
        I'm going to back up 2x3i5x on this.  You should be able to contact them and tell them what happened.  If it's like any other purchase they should have no problems letting you retrieve it.

Yes, the decision is more in the hands of who owns the material rather than Apple.

If you have the audiobook on your iPod, you can hook it up to your computer and choose "transfer purchases" and it will put it back in your library.

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

I knew that socraties, but I long since formatted that iPod Nano... Gave it to my brother, if memory serves.
                  Linkin Park

2x3i5x

Expert
          • Experience: Familiar
          so did you get your missing audiobook back?

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
            • Yes
          I knew that socraties, but I long since formatted that iPod Nano... Gave it to my brother, if memory serves.

if that's the case, then your only option is to contact the company who owns the rights to the audiobook.  If you still have your email receipt from apple, the company would probably be more willing to give you the download again.

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

The email is archived somewhere, yeah. Posting back later with answers.
                    Linkin Park