Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 ghost ethernet hardwares  (Read 7097 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Re: 2 ghost ethernet hardwares
    « Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 08:49:49 PM »
    bad result: onboard NV LAN and Onboard NV LAN BOOT ROM stopped the wireless connection totally..resp. enabled and disabled, so had to put in the defaults again...LAN CABLE was disabled... ??? :'( ;D Had to use the windows repair option to get the wireless working again. Normally it started automatically which it doesnt do anymore  ::) ??? ::)

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »
      It won't start automatically because you've essentially wiped out all the records of what wireless records your computer has connected to before.

Type in your SSID and password manually and there should be a check box that says something like "Remember these settings" or "Connect automatically" or something to that degree...
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »
        yup it did, but problem still exists..might swap my D-Link for a more expensive one with 3 antennas!!?

Like these?:

http://www.datakjeden.no/stovner/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:1030266;c:36180

http://www.datakjeden.no/stovner/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:548522;c:36180

have the one with 1 antenna... ;D

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 01:26:23 AM »
          it seems that there are issues with D-Link and XP concerning incompatability with something called 802.x (either n, g or l). There is a hotfix for it on MS but of course that one doesnt work...any ideas? ???

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 07:18:02 AM »
          I'm using a D-Link router and a D-Link wired as well as wireless connections, and have yet to have problems. But at the same time my desktop doesn't have built-in networking...

However I am also using the more expensive XTreme-N hardware for both NIC and router...

This doesn't sound like an incompatibility between anything to me, but rather a stubborn on-board ethernet controller.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            « Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 05:33:53 AM »
            .....and getting rid of it by doing what?????????????????????????????????????????? ???