Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP Profile Space  (Read 2739 times)

madness3612

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

XP Profile Space
    « on: July 16, 2009, 10:24:03 AM »
    Okay I put the reinstall disk in my computer recently when I had a problem and it fixed the problem but made another now I have an icon by the clock that says Available Profile Space when I click it a list of files pops up and at times it says you cannot log off until you move or delete some files. Okay sounds simple until you go to click on a file listed in the profile space nothing happens there is no hint of where to view these files to delete tham or anything. I cannot shut my computer off now and am stuck any suggestions as to how to turn off Profile Space or delete files? This is NOT a public computer it is my home computer. Thanks and HELPPPPPPP!   

jowolf359

Rookie

Re: XP Profile Space
      « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:38:46 AM »
      If you have backups of your files and programs then I would reformat the hard drive. this should solve the problem. When you fixed the first problem it corrupted something.

madness3612

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: XP Profile Space
        « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »
        Do I put the install disc in and run it again? I looked at the Available Profile thing again it won't let me log off right now I can't access any of the files it says I have in my profile they are almost all
        Aplication Data/Sun/Java/Deployment/Cache blah blah can't see the rest it goes to the edge of the window. This computer also had a problem at restart it would ask me which version of windows I wanna run. I think this thing has 2 versions of windows on it from when I put the install disc in before. I'm afraid this time if I put the disc in it'll kill the computer. Suggestions?