Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP Start-Up Problems (I see why it's XP, smiley reference)  (Read 1935 times)

sonic-skywalker

Topic Starter

Starter

I just bought my Acer Aspire One laptop two months ago. I was listening to music, had a text document open, and was playing Freecell. Suddenly my laptop completely froze and did not unfreeze after 5 minutes. I shut it down. Now, when I turn it on, it goes through the boot processes and comes to a screen that asks me how I would like to run my computer (safe mode, last known good configuration, start windows normally, etc...). When I choose last known good configuration or run windows normally, it goes to the screen where it says Windows XP and had the blue bars running underneath that shows it is loading. After it is done, it goes to a blank screen. When I try in Safe Mode, the script scrolls down the screen and then stops. It doesn't do anything else. The green light that shows it's working blinks a few times then goes off. The computer is still running but nothing is coming up. It seems to freeze right before the log-in.

Please help me. I searched through a few FAQ's but to continue would have taken years...
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:37:46 PM by sonic-skywalker »

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows XP Start-Up Problems (I see why it's XP, smiley reference)
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:46:08 PM »
    I just bought my Acer Aspire One laptop two months ago
    Call Acer.