Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 0000008e error blue screen  (Read 15494 times)

courtney-michelle

Topic Starter

Starter

0000008e error blue screen
    « on: November 07, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »
    Yesterday I was playing on my computer and then a blue screen came up with the error code something like 000008e came up. it only stays up for about 5 seconds so i dont get to read all of it, but i think that is the right code. After the blue screen, my computer restarts itself. Everytime I go back into the desk top about 5 minutes later the blue screen will come up again and it will restart. I tried going into safe mode and doing a system restore to 2 days before, but I get a message saying "The disk s3a6456d002 (c:) has errors.     Windows has detected file system corruption on s3a6456d002 (c:). You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored."  there is a link to check the disk for errors. When i click on it a pop up comes up saying the check disk options but when i do them, nothing happens. And it doesnt let me do a System restore.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: 0000008e error blue screen
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »
    If you are using Windows XP try installing service pack 3.

It's a large download see the below link.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/windows-xp-service-pack-3.html
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

courtney-michelle

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »
      I have Vista

courtney-michelle

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »
        It also doesnt stay on long enough for me to do anything really. I tried doing a system restore on the main desktop, but it restarted before I could. So i doubt I would be able to download something before it would restart.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
        What hardware was installed recently ? ?
        To run checkdisk go to Start/Run and type in chkdsk /r and hit Enter.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:37:50 PM »
        To see your error in full:
        1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab (Vista: click Advanced system settings).

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Kenny Reigh

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 05:22:47 PM »
          Here's How To Fix Blue Screen Errors Easily.
          I was having the same problems, a lot of freezes and system crashes. I had recently installed a additional drive in my notebook SATA, and I thought that was the conflict so I removed it. I had also bought OEM software and thought that may be the problem so I got a Full Retail OS and still the same thing. I kept getting messages to check newly installed hardware etc., IRQL Not Equal and to run Scandisk..... I tried everything to no avail, and then it hit me.....BAM!
           I upgraded my machine from 1024 memory to 2048
          memory, but the upgrade was with -----> GENERIC MEMORY", so i removed it and replaced it with the original memory and VOILA! no more Blue Screen Errors', it is that simple. So those of you who are experiencing Blue Screen Errors I am hoping you kept the original memory sticks from the manufacturer. If i do a future upgrade of memory it must and will be with a purchase from the company that manufactures
          the memory that came with my machine. My machine rebooted with no errors and works flawlessly even with the OEM version software, and I had to find out the solution when i spent 100.00 more on full retail.
          Get that Generic Memory the *censored* out of there. Not all Generic Memory causes this problem, but if you have Bluescreen errors, you have purchased the kind that does. I als did a wipedrive with WipeDrive software for a 100% clean install.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 06:57:12 PM »
          The Topic is 8 months old...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "