Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Temp while folding?  (Read 10575 times)

Ugarte

Topic Starter

Beginner

Temp while folding?
    « on: August 02, 2009, 05:53:42 PM »
    I just started using Folding@Home, got the SMP client and GPU client working after a few hours of trial and error (The viewer slows down folding, and the SMP client has expired?  Why wasn't I told these things?  Oh that's right... I just didn't read what was in front of me  :'( )

Running both of those, RealTemp shows 75-80C across the board.  Room temp is a bit hotter than normal, A/C is on the fritz, installing a new compressor in a few days once it gets shipped out.  What kind of temps do you get?

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Temp while folding?
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 06:28:34 PM »
    I guess thats ok for your i7.  i7s can get hotter then other  cpus.  My temps are around 40

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Temp while folding?
    « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:18:24 AM »
    My i7, which is running F@H 24/7 and also has a SMP F@H 24/7 has an internal temp of 82.4F. Would also like to welcome you to the F@H team, you've made some quick progress.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein