Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How Google is Tracking Your Online Web Surfing Behavior  (Read 15019 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: How Google is Tracking Your Online Web Surfing Behavior
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2009, 06:24:40 PM »
That's a reach...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mulreay

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »
As I've said before, the data it collects is which sites you visit. The only companies who would be interested are companies trying to acomplish the thing google ads is acomplishing. How can that information be added to spamlists?

Honestly, I have to defend google ads...I DON'T EVEN SEE GOOGLE ADS.

This makes me feel like I am defending homosexual rights at school... at the same time as assuring that I am not, even though I am defending it.

The argument is not about them helping themselves when it comes to relevant advertising but an abuse of that information. How much is being taken? They say there watching our movement on the web, hang about if I go to Waterstones do I want more book adverts or if I go to HMV do I want more music adverts No I was fine looking myself. It's just the corporation making money off my movements on the web. Do they give you a list of the information taken? No they just take 'some' info of you. Talk about Big brother.

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »
I have NEVER let an advertisement sway my opinion in any way

Really? Never? I find that hard to believe.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

Mulreay

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »

Why I never do either. If I want something I buy it not after watching some naked woman dance across my screen telling me I'm half a man if I don't buy it.

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 06:50:56 PM »
Never say never

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 06:57:28 PM »

I very seldom watch television. And those adverts I do see are so ridiculously stupid... and I don't mean, like my posts, super silly but usually with some form of deep meaning or connection that gives insight into some human fioble, no sir, when I see an advert I don't take it's content into account; in fact half the time It would be a major pain just finding out what they are advertising. "say, was that commercial that was just on with the people dancing for clothes, dancing shoes or a new chevrolet?

Although I'll admit that sometimes an advertisement will remind me of something, like for example an advertisement for visual studio 2005 might make me remember to file my taxes for 2005. But really it's only far removed types of associations.

And as Broni said, "never say never"; I cannot recall any specific instance where I thought, "wow, I know this hat is really expensive, and I don't wear hats anyway, but GOSH! I saw somebody wearing it on TV!"
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Mulreay

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »
Never say never

True but I try not to.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2009, 02:59:33 AM »
My opinion on this is, as BC said, Google's default option on this is to give you the service, but others give you the option to have the service. Now why would they give you it first day, (without telling you) if there wasn't going to be some kind of catch. Money. That's all that's involved. Google are feeling the pain too of the economy - a few months ago they let off over 200 people.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2009, 04:41:20 PM »
My opinion on this is, as BC said, Google's default option on this is to give you the service, but others give you the option to have the service. Now why would they give you it first day, (without telling you) if there wasn't going to be some kind of catch. Money. That's all that's involved. Google are feeling the pain too of the economy - a few months ago they let off over 200 people.
I get your point.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.