Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: download Youtube  (Read 15323 times)

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: download Youtube
    « Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 02:29:17 AM »
    Its the codes that allows the player to play flv.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 02:37:38 AM »
    VLC Media Player has all codecs built-in. It doesn't need anything else.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 02:39:27 AM »
      yes, for wmp when you want to play a mp4 or flv.  :(
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 02:40:55 AM »
      yes, for wmp when you want to play a mp4 or flv.  :(

You need codecs for WMP.

Rowena

Rookie
        « Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 03:18:23 PM »
        First of all download VLC media Player from the  Video LAN website....you have to use that for watching Youtube Vids. You cannot use Windows Media Player.
        After thats done go to a vid you want to keep & copy the URL.
        Now go to  http://keepvid.com/  enter the URL, click enter, then save in HIGH Quality or hover the mouse over High Quality and right click "Save Target As" then name your file, click SAVE and it should download.
        Are you on Broadband or Dial-Up?
        Hope this info helps!!

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 05:43:44 PM »
          oh I thought thats what they were called?   I ....  :-\

2x3i5x

Expert
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 05:54:41 PM »
          for firefox users, just get flashgot addon and then get the flashget download manager

Flashgot conveniently integrates flashget into your browser so you can use it only when you feel like it and the flashgot "FlashGot Media" command grabs video and audio clips while they're playing (I've tested on youtube and few other similar video websites and it hasn't yet failed me)

Yeah, if you use firefox, want a download manager and want to have features similar to what the www.keepvid website does all on one program, this does the work.  :)

compfreak

Greenhorn

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 09:18:32 AM »
            try this site http://www.downloadyoutubevideos.com/ to download any youtube videos in .flv format. 2nd way's Orbit Downloader. they are both working  ;) (|