Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: home office network  (Read 3459 times)

aaskl

Topic Starter

Rookie

home office network
    « on: August 06, 2009, 11:20:44 PM »
    Hi, I have recently set up a home network at home. However, how will I be able to reverse that. As in undo home office network settings.

thanks

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: home office network
    « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:48:47 PM »
    home network, as in going through a router?

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »
    Hi, I have recently set up a home network at home. However, how will I be able to reverse that. As in undo home office network settings.

thanks

Do you mean to pull one machine off the network to remove it securely, or just so that it can't access the second machine anymore?
    Evil is an exact science.

aaskl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
      yes, one that is going through a router.

Well what i mean is, i used the windows function to set up a home office. And I just follow the prompts and answer the questions windows ask me. Then i click finish. After that I can see my computer and other computer on my home network and can share files.

I'm assuming windows did some configuration automatically to do that. So how do I reverse it so that I can still use the internet but not allow other computers in the network to see my computer and share files with me.

Thanks

hiloed

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 10:51:58 PM »
         Since the other folks are busy, I believe all you have to do on your machine is
        right click on the files (such as my documents etc.)then properties and than the share tab  and un-click share share files to network, apply and O.K. The little open hand under the icon should disappear. The little hand shows the files are shared. I hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Aloha,

Ed