Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon i550 Printer - 7 amber flashes on indicator light  (Read 6163 times)

nards01

Topic Starter

Rookie

Canon i550 Printer - 7 amber flashes on indicator light
    « on: August 20, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »
    I have a Canon 1550 printer I bought in 2003.  Until a week or so ago, it printed very well.  I work at home and rarely print in color.  Last week it wouldn't print in color at all.  I'm sure this is related to non-use.  So, I used the Cleaning program AND the Deep Cleaner with no results.  But, today the printer woudln't print at all and there are 7 amber flsahes on the indicator light which, acording to the manual, means to check the print head.  I took the head out and cleaned the contact and the residual ink on it.  But, still no luck. The BLACK ink was running low so I replaced that cartridge but still NOTHING - the light keeps blinking.  I called Canon and they want $10 just to give me advice.   I'm hoping someone on here has a solution.  Thanks

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Canon i550 Printer - 7 amber flashes on indicator light
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:55:14 PM »
    Can you get the printer to perform a self-test?  Does it print under self-test?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

nards01

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:56:26 PM »
      No it won't

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
      It's very possible that the printer died.
      Evil is an exact science.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:07:29 AM »
        nards01, While it may well be that the observation made by Quantos may be the reality there are a couple of things you can try 1st. On the current computer the printer is connected to you can remove the printer(disconnect) and also from add/remove programs remove the software.Then following the precise order reinstall the printer as required from your printer manual. Another alternative if available is to install the printer on another computer to compare the result as to what it is now doing.If the result of doing both of these does not change anything then a fault in the mechanics of the printer is most probable necessitating a repair. Normally the cost of such repair is more than a replacement printer would be and is not cost effective.truenorth