Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AOL only available  (Read 14849 times)

Ari

AOL only available
« on: May 01, 2004, 07:55:06 AM »
we have 2 computers in the house, my brother's (who he makes sure no one touches) and the living room computer (everyone else uses). We have DSL which is mainly connected to my brother's computer since he's the materialistic techie.

Recently, the living room computer's internet connection didn't work, which created many problems. After my mom used some of her parental powers to make my brother fix it, the internet connection is back online. Drawback is that I can only connect to AOL and AIM if I am on AOL at the same time and nothing else---no Mozilla, no Internet Explorer, and no...um... music engines.

Anyone know what's wrong and what a person with hardly any knowledge of computer hardware can do?

Ari

Re: AOL only available
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 07:57:09 AM »
By the way, the computer techi could care less of the family's computer problems. Getting help from him is pretty close to impossible.

merlin

Re: AOL only available
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 03:40:07 AM »
your bother may have blocked website by using a firewall and have you got radmin on your pc?how is the net wired up? does it go to brothers pc first?why not make a new connection and disconnect your brothers pc from the phone?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 03:48:02 AM by merlin »