Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: youtube wondering  (Read 3096 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

youtube wondering
    « on: August 30, 2009, 05:07:10 AM »
    okay when I'm in the lab down in my college I can get on an watch episodes of shows with out much of an issue.  When I try to watch them on my laptop there is ad's threw out it, I'm useing ie 7 an there's mite be 6 from what I can tell.  Is there a setting to turn that off or anything?  I dont mind them being before or after just in the show.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

Re: youtube wondering
      « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:32:25 AM »
      well thats one of the many *features* thrown with youtube.
      its how they make money because no one pays attention to the ads on the top-middle right.

for what i know, you cannot turn it off, you just have to deal with it. sorry
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »
        that bites, I dont know why unless its a pop-up blocker at the college or something.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:10:25 AM »
          no, it happens to me too, but the ads only appear in youtube-partner videos, the ones who get the most views\attention
          When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »
           The little google ad at the bottom of movies? Click the little X to close it. Click the ad button if you're genuinely interested in the add (like that would happen).
          Where's MagicSpeed?
          Quote from: 'matt'
          He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:20:59 AM »
            so virtually you can close them  :o

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 11:22:55 AM »
              ohhh thats what you mean haha. well yes you can close em, i always do. but they always pop up conveniently when something interesting or funny happens, then you miss it and your like "oh come on google!"

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
                okay, some reason just recently it says that their there but doesnt play them.  ::)

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 05:46:03 PM »
                  you mean theres a little banner at the bottom of the  video but doesn't show it?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:31 PM »
                    yeah I suppose that is what it is.

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 06:07:39 PM »
                      yea happens to me too. lots of youtube watching  ;D

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                        • Yes
                        • Yes
                        • Yes
                      • Certifications: List
                      • Experience: Guru
                      « Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 08:16:28 PM »
                      Note: This ad does not appear for all videos.

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 08:54:48 PM »
                        yea should of thrown that in, only youtube partners videos and adsense

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »
                          I didnt mean before the videos ment during them  ;)