Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can i have two operating systems on one computer  (Read 20042 times)

ThomasTheXPUser

Hopeful

• Remember me? :-)
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • ThomasTheXPUser
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: can i have two operating systems on one computer
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 07:01:35 PM »
you dont need nothing to do it
heres how you do it
boot into windows
pop the cd in
and choose to install insde windows
you can select at boot time with no partitioning

I never got that option in Ubuntu 9.0.4 jaunty jackalope...

Hello I  really can't free up that much space i already deletied of all the programs i didn't want and ran a compress disk drive to save space in c properties and i did a disk cleanup and have only 4.45 of free space most of my space about ten gbs worth are pictures which i can't get rid of because i don't have a cd burner

how safe or online storage sights like google and amazon to put my pictures on

i have an older computer 500mhz would it work on that

I would just put the pics on a flash drive, and keep the flash drive in a safe place.  You can also back them up for free with Windows Live Sky Drive or the home version of Mozy.

Buy a pocket computer! (Video below)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNo6pn-dnSQ

I think he wants to do this on his current PC...

BSOD image source : ToastyTech IE is evil page
Can't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary code and those who do not.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 01:01:06 AM »
if you dont have anything useful to say
dont post

That's really rich, coming from you! If you followed that rule, your postcount would be around 5.

cragtom

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 08:45:50 AM »
    hi I got ubunto through wubi and so far no problems but I have 95.2 free h.d 2gb mem and a celeron e1200

ThomasTheXPUser

Hopeful

• Remember me? :-)
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • ThomasTheXPUser
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 04:35:40 PM »
    That's really rich, coming from you! If you followed that rule, your postcount would be around 5.

hehe yeah. well said Salmon Trout

BSOD image source : ToastyTech IE is evil page
    Can't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary code and those who do not.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 05:08:57 AM »
      Hi i am new to this and I am very interested in doing this but the wubu link will not work at my end plus will it work with vista as I do not fancy the partition route it is o.e.m vista with no backups

please start your own thread as some of the things could be differnt from his. 
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 05:41:44 AM »
        hello i got a cd burner i think i'm going try to burn ubuntu  to a cd and try it on one of my older computers hardrives and use it on my computer how do i load this to a wiped out hardrive is it like xp are 95

any cd burner software you would recommend trying
        Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear                     microsoft windows xp professional  version 2002 service pack 3 celeron 2.80ghz 20gb hardrive 504mb ram

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 05:56:07 AM »
          no, not at all.  It will load the os an allow you to use it as long as the disk is there.  Thing is that you have too tell it to install to the drive.  Never messed with it though, probably want to ask in the linux thread.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres