Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new problem with the stupid compaq  (Read 7949 times)

smeezekitty

Re: new problem with the stupid compaq
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »
ps2 cannot become usb (i dont think)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »
    it most certainly can with an adapter
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 02:48:09 PM »
    I'm not going to read another thread, but you should certainly install the battery for your cmos.

Seconded.
    Evil is an exact science.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
      I thrid the motion  :D
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

StarBaseONE2

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
      I thought older ps-2 mice wouldn't make that change. I've run in to that. Seems the newer ones will indeed interchange with no difficulties.

But I agree that a NEW CMOS battery is the next thing that needs to happen here. After that is dealt with and POST finishes up remembering the settings that you are not apt to enjoy success here.
      Progress has brought forth a new Information Age! With milestones come drastic changes! First, was to martyr Privacy! Security escaped, but is healing from emergency surgery! We watch his rehabilitation, knowing his complete recovery isn't likely. He's too thin! No wonder he refuses to look you in the eye, when giving customary assurances! He seems to miss the "Good Times" from back in the '70's...

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 12:51:39 AM »
        may explain why the compaq didnt see my keyboard then  ;)

smeezekitty

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 12:54:56 AM »
        may explain why the compaq didnt see my keyboard then  ;)
        its another squallish post
        anybody care to translate?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 12:56:38 AM »
           ::) if you have trouble..... I got a usb adapter for it so that I could use a ps/2 keyboard

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »
          a adapter from PS/2 to USB will require a keyboard that supports USB, if the keyboard didn't come with the USB adapter it probably doesn't.

I was thinking a adapter from USB to PS/2, that will not.
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »
            ah but how do you really tell?