Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook has disappeared when updating Word! Help!! All emails lost??  (Read 2967 times)

chad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • Woo Woo
    Hi

I am having a slight nervous breakdown. I updated my Word 2003 to let me insert chemical equations for Uni... somehow, during the process, Microsoft Outlook has disappeared. Totally gone.

I have done a search for 'outlook' and I get a folder and a bunch of blue "MOF" files...?

There was a selection box during the 'Add components' window when I added the missing word component that said anything unchecked would be removed, but everything was checked, I double checked that.

Before I do anything, is there a way to revert to the way my PC was an hour ago? My contacts, business emails, all could be lost?

I am running Windows XP SP3, Outlook 2003.

Thanks, in frightfully nervous anticipation.

chad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Woo Woo
      Re: Outlook has disappeared when updating Word! Help!! All emails lost??
      « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 02:07:02 AM »
      More info - a search in C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

has found a .pst file (my emails, I hope) but no .pab file (address book?)

It is my contacts that are important too, I hope they are possibly contained in the .pst file, it is 58mb.

Also, this is NOT Outlook Express, but Office Outlook 2003.

C

chad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Woo Woo
        Re: Outlook has disappeared when updating Word! Help!! All emails lost??
        « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:11:28 AM »
        I should delete this post, or will my update be helpful to stay on the forum? I found some very helpful tips on another PC forum...

I have found the .pst file which contains all my emails and contacts as well (as they were saved in Outlook and not as an Address Book, they are all one .pst file.)

I copied the .pst file to my D drive, I re-installed Outlook 2003 and moved the copied file back across to C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

PRESTO! All emails, contacts and calendar items restored.

Mods - please feel free to delete this post if you see fit.