Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple login attempts  (Read 3901 times)

aaskl

Topic Starter

Rookie

Multiple login attempts
    « on: September 29, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »
    Hi there,

Recently I've found that whenever I type in login name and password to login to various websites (includes email, this forum, outlook, banks etc), i have to type multiple times to get in (if i can get in at all).

There is no error saying my username or pwd is wrong, it just refreshes my screen to the login page. So is there a virus or something like that on my computer? Is someone trying to steal my pwds? What's wrong?

I'm just a bit concerned. I've ran Mcafee, spybot, malwarebytes, nothing comes up, so i think my computer is clean?

thanks

midsail

Hopeful
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Multiple login attempts
      « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:22:56 AM »
      If u have updated the SW and rescanned? If u have done this and still get the same results? Try this GO Start>Control Panel>Admin Tools>Event Viewer. Select the following one at a time Application, Security, System and Anti virus. If u see any big red X or yellow waring sign. This will give u a good starting point to trouble shoot.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:25:11 AM »
      As a starting point, delete all cookies and empty your temporary internet files. You can also use ccleaner to delete your index.dat file. Then reboot and see if the problem continues.

If it does continue, see if you have the same problem with a different browser.

aaskl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 02:38:29 AM »
        If u have updated the SW and rescanned? If u have done this and still get the same results? Try this GO Start>Control Panel>Admin Tools>Event Viewer. Select the following one at a time Application, Security, System and Anti virus. If u see any big red X or yellow waring sign. This will give u a good starting point to trouble shoot.

There are many "red crosses" and "yellow warning signs" in APPLICATION and SYSTEM. What does that mean? How do I fix it?

And yes, i've cleared the cookies etc many times. And internet explorer is even worse (I use mozilla firefox). When I type in username and passwords, it just loads a blank page with nothing on it.

Would it be hard to fix? Would just formatting my computer be easier?

thanks

midsail

Hopeful
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 06:13:34 AM »
          R u able to post one from the application and System? What I am suspecting is at sometime u got some malware/spyware SW. Write back and show the post.

aaskl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 02:35:27 AM »
            i'm just going to format my computer and reinstall windows. Just can't be bothered fixing it since i've got other minor problems on my computer which is bugging me.

But i have spybot and malwarebytes and macafee. They all return clean results for my computer though. Will spay/malware still get through?

One important question, does spy/malware allow the stealing of passwords?
            « Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:04:32 AM by aaskl »