Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Congratulations - top 1000 teams!  (Read 13286 times)

Calum

Topic Starter

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Congratulations - top 1000 teams!
« on: September 23, 2009, 03:47:51 AM »
Well, the CH folding team has more or less reached the top 1000 teams.  I say more or less because different stats sites give different ranks, either 999 or 1001.
Anyhow I've been waiting to say this for a week or more, so here it is.
Congratulations to the whole team on reaching this milestone, it's a fantastic achievement and I'm proud to have folded for team 67290.
I look forward to seeing your further progress, 3 million is just round the corner for you.
Once again, well done.

Regards,
Calum
Folding@Home team 171165 (from "the site which shall not be named").

Ugarte

Beginner

Re: Congratulations - top 1000 teams!
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 03:24:56 AM »
    You're not retiring on us, are you?

Calum

Topic Starter

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:10:54 AM »
    You're not retiring on us, are you?
    Wasn't planning on posting again, but in short, yes, and I already have.  You may see a unit turned in under my name once in a while, if so it's a friend's computer that I don't know if it's still folding - if so, it'll be changed over.
    I didn't like abandoning the team, especially before the 1000 mark and close to the 3 million milestone, but I've had to.
    I'm not going into all the reasons, I'm not here to cause any aggravation at all and just mentioning the name of the team I fold for is enough to aggravate some members here.
    You won't see me here again in the foreseeable future, barring something extraordinary.
    I would've given some notice but I don't want to be drama queen so I just didn't say anything.

As I said, I look forward to watching your further progress, and our teams' paths may well cross in the future.
    Sincerely, I wish you all the best.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 12:25:10 AM »
    Congrats to everyone and thanks for your continued support, it's a fantastic achievement. Hate to see you leave Calum but respect your decisions. Good luck to your team.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein