Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Live attempting to change my registry and mail default settings  (Read 3130 times)

KenM

Topic Starter

Rookie

Can you help????

I ecently downloaded Windows Live for the Photo product and continually get watchdog meesages popping up to ask if I want to change my mail  and internet settings / defaults.

I don't want to and can't find out how to stop Windows Live generating these watchdog alerts where I keep clicking "no".

Hope you have a fix for me and would really appreciate some advice as it's driving me mad.

You have helped me brilliantly before and I look forward to sortig this togther.

Thanks in advance

Ken

ourfear

Greenhorn

• Taking over the metaverse 1kb at a time
      Re: Windows Live attempting to change my registry and mail default settings
      « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 07:33:19 AM »
      Just to clarify KenM.

First question would be where are the watchdog alerts coming from? Are the titled Windows Live or are they from a Antivirus product you have installed?

I know of Windows Live Alerts (http://windowslivealerts.spaces.live.com/) but i didnt think they prompted for Security information changes!

It sounds to me like this could be a Virus!! You may want to re-post your question in the Spyware Section of this Forum!

KenM

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »
        Many thanks for getting back ourfear. I ended up accepting th eprompts generated by "Watchdog" and there has been no impact. I really don't think I have a virus and have scanned with malwarebytes and also avast as well as a registry software and nothing found.

Just a little naive and cautious I think....probably not a bad way to be with the exposure we all face online.

Thanks again

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 03:03:09 PM »
        Windows Live is being abandoned by Microsoft...

Watchdog is possibly a rogue program...best way to tell is if they ask for money...

I suspect you are infected and you should visit our Virus and Spyware section and follow the info on posting your logs...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "