Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2012  (Read 14899 times)

Mulreay

Re: 2012
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 07:19:25 PM »
I have already predicted the end of the world elsewhere.
In 5.4 Billion years and I've left a note in the kitchen to say 'haha suckers when I'm right'.
Obviously I won't be around to say it myself especially if this magic potion made from toothpaste, orange cordial and lemon juice does not work to give me immortality. I will give you all the recipe when I'm done just in case it works...

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 07:22:01 PM »
if you dont have internet then how are you here?

Mulreay

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 07:27:16 PM »
if you dont have internet then how are you here?

I think you missed the point there...
He stated if he does not have cable after the end of the world...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 06:27:14 AM »
BC, counting all sources, this is probably the 64 thousandth prediction of the end of the world.

haha, so true.

it's kind of sad that anybody would believe it.... I mean, I can see the ones earlier on, like in, 30 AD and stuff, because people were pretty dumb then by and large.

but now we're supposedly smarter.... and yet there are people conjecturing on completely ridiculous and even physics defying theories (from the kuiper belt to Earth in 3 years... and without detection?). But since it's the name of the game, I will also present a theory.

in 2012 we will send a probe to jupiter. A scientist will accidentally drop his container of advil into it, but will be too lazy to grab them, so it will launch with advil inside.

Once there, the opening of the transmission array will cause the ejection of the advil container, which will react with particles in Jupiters upper atmosphere and create a large dragon. This dragon will approach earth and demand all of our citrus-based tropical blends. As a demonstration the dragon will juggle 14 toyota's blindfolded on the eve of the second anniversary of the toyota dealership. Thus concerned, we will strive to give the dragon as many of our tropical type-citrus blends as possible.

The dragon, thus satisfied, will demand to have a large donut made in his honour.

etc.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 07:17:00 AM »
but now we're supposedly smarter

You've struck the proverbial nail on the head.

Disclaimer:  Change "Advil" to "ibuprofen."  The makers of Advil claim no responsibility.   ;)

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"