Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A used ipod (nano) and 64 bit vista  (Read 9996 times)

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    A used ipod (nano) and 64 bit vista
    « on: October 01, 2009, 10:33:13 AM »
    I have a descent music cd collection (rock etc).  My friend doesn't own his own PC so I thought I could help him. 
    My problems (2); http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,92827.0.html and.....

....I first downloaded itunes version 9 for 64 bit vista twice (the second by accident).  I couldn't get itunes to work.  The program wouldn't start when I plugged the pod in.  I also couldn't find it in Programs & Features.

Then I wondered if there was some kind of compatability problem with (I think a one year old) 8BG pod.  So I found itunes version 8 64 bit to download.  I found the program but couldn't open it because it said that certain files can't respond because something else is using it.  I assume v9 (which is not compatible b/w my sys and this pod) and is also not compatible with itunes v8.

When I learn how to remove programs in their entirety from my PC I can use some direction about how to get started using the correct combination of itunes hardware and programs.

The ser # from the pod is: 7J849B3K3QS, 8GB, model# A1285, EMC# 2287

Any and all idea's will be greatly appreciated. 

T

Griff

Intermediate

• Experience: Expert
      Re: A used ipod (nano) and 64 bit vista
      « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »
      iTunes9 is running fine here on 64bit Win7, so it should work just fine on Vista. Judging by whay you've been saying, I think your installs just completely went to *censored*.

Try doing a System Restore to he point before you started playing with iTunes. 
      Don't forget to give thanks if I was able to help ya! Please?

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: A used ipod (nano) and 64 bit vista
      « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 12:35:40 PM »
      iTunes9 is running fine here on 64bit Win7, so it should work just fine on Vista. Judging by whay you've been saying, I think your installs just completely went to <censored>.

Try doing a System Restore to he point before you started playing with iTunes. 
      agreed.  Then try a fresh install of iTunes 9.  Make sure itunes itself opens before you count out the iPod.