Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connected to internet and computer blue screened!  (Read 3644 times)

Adenaca

Topic Starter

Starter

Connected to internet and computer blue screened!
    « on: October 05, 2009, 05:22:19 PM »
     ???
    I connected my new IBM Smartpad to the wireless internet (Lynksis) and a blue screen popped up and said it was shutting down to protect the hardware or something. Now i can't use my laptop. Everytime I turn it on it makes it to the main screen then ...blue screens. Help!

EEVIAC

Re: Connected to internet and computer blue screened!
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »
    Could you please post the information that is displayed on the Blue Screen...

Adenaca

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 10:23:17 PM »
      It only stays open for about 3 seconds but says something like the computer is now shutting down to protect my harddrive. It did this once before and I sent it in for repair, and now it is doing it again. I have only had it for a short amount of time. I can connect it to my friend's secure network, but when I come home to connect it to my roommate's unsecured wireless it does this. Is there maybe a way to turn the internal wireless modem off in the laptop?

EEVIAC

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »
      Boot your computer into Safe Mode (power on the computer and tap F8 immediately until you come to the Advanced Boot Options)

Select Safe Mode

Once you are in Safe Mode, click Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced Tab

Under "Start Up and Recovery" click on the "settings" button, then under "system failure", uncheck the box that says "automatically restart", click on "ok", restart your computer and let it boot up as it would normally and when the blue screen appears this time, it will stay on the screen and you can see what it says.  Write down everything it says (exactly) and post the info. on your next post.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 09:54:53 PM »
      Download BlueScreenView
      No installation required.
      Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
      When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
      Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Adenaca

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 11:48:16 PM »
        ok, went to blue screen and did everything you said...
        "A problem has been detected and windows has bee shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

I actually went back into safe mode and went to the Device Manger under "Systems" and went to Network Adapters. Disabled the following:
        Intel(R)PRO/1000MT Mobile Connection
        and
        Intel(R)PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

Restarted computer and no blue screen and no connection to internet, which was what I had hoped. But I know if I enable them the blue screen will re appear. It has to be the unsecured wireless LAN network I have connected to. But how do I delete that connection so it doesn't reconnect to it when I disable the two network connections again?

EEVIAC

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 10:27:51 AM »
        ok, went to blue screen and did everything you said...
        "A problem has been detected and windows has bee shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

There should be more than just this..   post everything that appears on the blue screen.  If you don't feel like writing it all down then follow Broni's suggestion