Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Sucks, Windows 7 Rocks  (Read 16889 times)

neelchauhan

Vista Sucks, Windows 7 Rocks
« on: October 07, 2009, 08:52:20 AM »
 :o I never got the Free Windows 7 Upgrade, I can't return the PC. On Dell's Website, I saw this:
1. You may return your new or refurbished system up to 21 days from the date of invoice.
2. It is important that you return everything on your order, and that it is in its original packaging.
3. We will credit your account for the price of the system (minus initial shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees).
Dell makes it easy to resolve your technical issues through service and support. Every Dell Inspiron desktop and notebook comes with:

An outstanding limited warranty
Dell's at-home/on-site, or mail-in service plan
Online support at http://support.dell.com/home.aspx
24x7 phone support at 1-800-624-9896

But I can make a amazing PC under $600 which preforms better than my primary PC. Maybe less features for an average user but amazing for a expert. All things in the Windows 7 Advantages support that amazing PC.
  • Vista has so much bugs it can crash.
  • My PC has Windows Messanger which asked me to log in. I have a Windows Live account with my regular eMail but I only use it for posting Windows Gadgets and downloading Windows Beta releases
  • If you don't have the Ultimate edition, you are unproductive (At least if you're a expert).
  • The side of the "Favorite Links" usually does not include "Videos" while in Windows 7, it does.
  • Without the Business or Ultimate edition, you will need to install VMWare or VirtualBox which contains unsafe NIC and USB drivers
  • I never got a major crash in Windows XP, even on a 266MHz PC (I really did it) while on this modern PC, It crashes often.
  • It is harder to align Windows in half in Vista than on Windows 7
  • Both XP and Windows 7 are faster in bootup time and in benchmarks such as 3dMark Vantage than Vista and use Less storage space.
  • Windows Vista = Life with Walls
I also have more problems.
I don't want to use pirated Windows 7, nor any Windows Vista now.
Windows 7 advantages include:
  • Easy access to any tab in IE from the start menu
  • Crashes less
  • Windows XP mode for legacy applications to run on standard enviroment (Based on CPU too.)
  • Windows can align easily in half on single monitor (Dual monitor version was there since Windows 98 if you expand your desktop to two monitors, so that's why I will never use Intel GMA.)
  • It is easier to do things. I can save a average of one to three hours every day on the computer.
  • Minimizing all windows except one is as easy as shaking a Window.
  • It's faster. Pentium II ran Windows 7 while people need a Pentium III or AMD Athlon for Vista. A Overclocked Core i7 Extreme Edition + Windows 7 = FAST!!! (Sure I won't get a Core i7 but I saw benchmarks online, both Overclocked Core i7 and Vista vs Windows 7.
  • Searching is faster, so I don't have to have Google desktop anymore. I don't have Google Desktop on my PC.
I knew about Windows 7 almost instantly after the Windows Vista release. I tought it would be useful. My parents tought I would just like a new PC but I hate it. They overpayed for it and they still never saw those amazing specs.

lostcoast

Hopeful
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Vista Sucks, Windows 7 Rocks
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »

You only get the win7 upgrade as it becomes available to the vendors  :)
I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

neelchauhan

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »
You only get the win7 upgrade as it becomes available to the vendors  :)
I can't waste valuable money on the sucking system.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 09:54:10 AM »
I happen to think Vista is an excellent OS.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:21 AM »
Vista has so much bugs it can crash.
Never had any.

My PC has Windows Messanger which asked me to log in. I have a Windows Live account with my regular eMail but I only use it for posting Windows Gadgets and downloading Windows Beta releases
So?

If you don't have the Ultimate edition, you are unproductive (At least if you're a expert).
Why?

Without the Business or Ultimate edition, you will need to install VMWare or VirtualBox which contains unsafe NIC and USB drivers
Install them for what?

It is easier to do things. I can save a average of one to three hours every day on the computer.
You know what RAM is?

I completely agree.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 11:28:53 AM »
I agree.  And, Vista Home Premium is fine for many users.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »
Not sure where this rant is going but 1/2 of the info is inaccurate at best...

Carry on.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mulreay

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
I have used Vista for 3yrs and i HAVE NO PROBLEMS DO YOU KNOW WHY? Its because I take care of my computer I listen to advice and clean things that trusted people tell me to do. This anti-vista thing needs to be crushed: there is nothing wrong with Vista so stop spreading stupid comments about it. It works fine and is very good.

james202428

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »
Windows xp is alot better than vista in my opinion and i believe my opinion is correct

and you can take care of vista and xp and xp is still better in my opinion

and it does work fine but not as fine as xp why do you think xp is still more expensive

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »
Windows xp is alot better than vista in my opinion and i believe my opinion is correct
Ummmm - no. Your opinion is your opinion.

and you can take care of vista and xp and xp is still better in my opinion

I don't even know what that means.

and it does work fine but not as fine as xp why do you think xp is still more expensive

Brilliant :)

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 01:02:42 PM »
I agree.
Ummmm - no. Your opinion is your opinion.
That is true.
Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

james202428

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 01:03:28 PM »
anywho i would suggest people to use xp over vista because i think it is better and if you think vista is better then use it but it's my opinion and i thought i would share it

and i didn't say my opinion was somebodys elses opion and i didn't say my opinion was correct i believe it to be correct but you have to pick one It's like ordering something at a restuarant it's so hard to pick the best one and your not really sure which one is the best but you pick what you think will taste the best and that is xp vista kinda has a bitter taste after you try it

there's nothing wrong with thinking your right as long as you don't say your correct wait a minute that's what i said no wait minute i said i believe it to be correct. people can't be sure on everything sometimes you have take the best guess by what you believe to be the best choice and that's xp

you can't be sure on everything you sometimes have to choose on what you think is correct by educated guesses
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:29:26 PM by james202428 »

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »
Thank you for sharing.
Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »
anywho i would suggest people to use xp over vista because i think it is better and if you think vista is better then use it but it's my opinion and i thought i would share it
Are you a parrot?

neelchauhan

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »
Never had any.
So?
Why?
Install them for what?
You know what RAM is?
I completely agree.
Well, I will Install Windows XP Pro and my system is at the maximum memory it can hold.