Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Sucks, Windows 7 Rocks  (Read 16911 times)

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Vista Sucks, Windows 7 Rocks
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »
Well, I will Install Windows XP Pro and my system is at the maximum memory it can hold.

Huh?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 07:22:14 PM »
I love how well he addressed each of kpacs points.

I find "arguments" against Any Operating System are usually remarks about their specific experiences (such as that crap that was said about messenger or something) which have nothing to do with the operating system, or the mindless ramblings of somebody who refuses the accept change. (It's different! therefore I am confused).

Also I love the vast swathe of arguments presented in favour of Windows XP.

Windows 7 is an improvement but IMO it's no more significant then the improvement from Win98 to Win98SE.

:o I never got the Free Windows 7 Upgrade, I can't return the PC. On Dell's Website, I saw this:But I can make a amazing PC under $600 which preforms better than my primary PC. Maybe less features for an average user but amazing for a expert. All things in the Windows 7 Advantages support that amazing PC.
I read this as, "I can no longer get a free OS for my old PC, therefore I will disregard the deprecated value and perform a direct comparison with what I can get today for a similar price"

Vista has so much bugs it can crash.
It's funny, people say "OMG VISTA IS SO FULL OF BUGZ IT SUXORS" and yet at the same time have a hard time elucidating any specific bug. Why? Becuase they haven't experienced one. So they make one up. "OMGZ I CANZ SEE MY DESKTOP THROUGH DE AERO DIS IS SECURITY ISSUE".

My PC has Windows Messanger which asked me to log in. I have a Windows Live account with my regular eMail but I only use it for posting Windows Gadgets and downloading Windows Beta releases
This has absolutely nothing to do with Vista or windows 7. I might also add that in general the concept of "signing in" is used to prevent others from using your account. IF you don't want messenger, uninstall it. Don't want it starting at start-up? change that option. Don't blame the OS because your too daft to explore options that are right in front of you.

If you don't have the Ultimate edition, you are unproductive (At least if you're a expert).
By that logic it won't affect you anyways. Although I am curious as to what features of the ultimate edition you speak of are needed to be productive. And no, Aero glass doesn't fit in that category.. In fact, it's probably best to go without that, being a security issue and all.

The side of the "Favorite Links" usually does not include "Videos" while in Windows 7, it does.

*censored* kind of backwards logic is that? it saves you the ten god *censored* seconds it  takes to drag the videos folder to the Favorite links bar? That's right. you can add items to that bar yourself. I know, it's scary. try to take deep breaths.

I mean, by what kind of twisted logic is this even an argument?

Without the Business or Ultimate edition, you will need to install VMWare or VirtualBox which contains unsafe NIC and USB drivers

Again, what for? What feature of Business or Ultimate give you these features that you recover with VMWare/VirtualBox? Additionally unsigned is NOT the same as unsafe.

I never got a major crash in Windows XP, even on a 266MHz PC (I really did it) while on this modern PC, It crashes often.

OK here is the problem, people say "it crashes all the time" but never actually define what they mean by crash. Also I personally wouldn't blame the Operating System if your unable to realize that you shouldn't be giving that "all of duty 4.exe" 4KB file admin permissions and then wondering why things are crashing.

It is harder to align Windows in half in Vista than on Windows 7

It's not harder, it's probably just more inconvenient. OF course when you have the hand-eye coordination of a dead weasel it's no surprise things get frustrating.

Both XP and Windows 7 are faster in bootup time and in benchmarks such as 3dMark Vantage than Vista and use Less storage space.

Thank god for benchmarks. My favourite thing about most benchmarks is they conveniently seem to forget to install a driver or something similar on one of the Operating Systems.

Windows Vista = Life with Walls

Barriers most people see are often constructed by their own rejection of the mildly paradigm shifts that Vista represents.

I also have more problems.

I don't want to use pirated Windows 7, nor any Windows Vista now.
Your problems extend far beyond the realm of computing.

Easy access to any tab in IE from the start menu
IE tabs are even easier to access from IE. OH hey, that's a feature on vista.

Crashes less
[citation needed] By the way, personal accounts are not a citation. neither are your brother's aunt's second cousin twice removed Plumbers dogs previous owners experience.

Windows XP mode for legacy applications to run on standard enviroment (Based on CPU too.)

I have that with Vista. It's called VMWare+Unity. And it works with more then just XP. Not that it's relevant.

The only reason programs don't run on Vista is because the people that made them didn't make them right. they take shortcuts. for example, some "clever" programmers noticed that "GetDesktopWindow() Always returns 0. Hey, why not just use 0! Of course with DWM this concept can fall apart quicker then a Sally Struthers diet plan. But of course this is Vista's fault somehow.

Windows can align easily in half on single monitor (Dual monitor version was there since Windows 98 if you expand your desktop to two monitors, so that's why I will never use Intel GMA.)

If I may make a similar statement.

"the taskbar is longer with two monitors. Running with more then one monitor has been supported since Windows 98. That's why I dislike Matrox."

It is easier to do things. I can save a average of one to three hours every day on the computer.
what "things"? This is the problem, making vague references to "crashes" and "things" and making blanket statements that are completely meaningless without a proper context.

Minimizing all windows except one is as easy as shaking a Window.
I hope that is disablable. that feature would piss me off.

It's faster. Pentium II ran Windows 7 while people need a Pentium III or AMD Athlon for Vista. A Overclocked Core i7 Extreme Edition + Windows 7 = FAST!!! (Sure I won't get a Core i7 but I saw benchmarks online, both Overclocked Core i7 and Vista vs Windows 7.

Windows 95 can install on a 386. I saw benchmarks too.

Searching is faster, so I don't have to have Google desktop anymore. I don't have Google Desktop on my PC.

If you had Google desktop it's no surprise you found Vista "slow".

I knew about Windows 7 almost instantly after the Windows Vista release. I tought it would be useful. My parents tought I would just like a new PC but I hate it. They overpayed for it and they still never saw those amazing specs.

And we have come full-circle, you didn't even buy the god *censored* machine, and your quick to point out it's flaws. Maybe when your spending your own money on things you can start complaining about things but in the meantime be glad that, unlike me, you don't have to suffer with a Monochrome 286 for nearly 3 years. (2001-2003). (although at the time "suffer" wasn't nearly the word I would have used, it was faster then no PC at all, and unlike some of you hoity toity types, with your Naked bareback elephant polo, I have developed an appreciation and understanding for many of the steps that PC's, and computers in general - have taken to make the user experience better.

Sadly now any retard can claim to be a windows expert. Back in the day if you couldn't figure out the right DOS command to perform file management you were executed on the spot. Really cleaned up the gene pool.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 09:46:24 PM »
BC_Programmer that was a very interesting rant I enjoyed reading it. Please do not read my next comment. I have not used vista a tone but the few times I did, I found it frustrating because the layout was different (I can not go into detail because I have not used it in a wile). Like office 2007, the layout was different in such a way that it seemed like it was something totally different even tough it was not. I never really noticed any bugs but I did not like the learning curve. Windows 7 for some reason seamed very easy to learn however possibly because I new that it was going to be the next (major windows) OS so I ignored any problems that may have come up.
Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 10:15:41 PM »
Yeah, being used to XP/Office 2003, and then having to use Vista/Office 2007 can be annoying, even more so when your really not just messing around, but actually trying to do something and get something done... and even MORE so when you know exactly how you'd do it in the previous version. I think the key is trying to learn the software a bit before you end up needing to do something... Although I guess that applies for anything.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 10:22:30 PM »
Maby that is why Win7 seamed so easy. I learned how to use it before I actually started to do things.

freakinerick

Beginner
    « Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 11:48:37 PM »
    i am xp pro sp2 user and upgraded in xp3.. as i compare xp is much better than vista.. some online game is not compatible with vista..

ah i forgot to tell i have dual boot  for vista ultimate and xp in my desktop.. unfortunately i cant install my vista in my laptop lol
    em tryin' hard to be programmer
    and i need you to teach me sensei..

james202428

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 03:22:37 AM »
    Where does ubuntu and mac fit into this i think ubuntu has alot faster booting and doesn't seem to crash are slow down as much as xp to bad it didn't have more you could download macs are alot more secure and very few crashes by what i hear.  but you can't download near as much stuff as with windows.  i would pick ubuntu if i could download all the stuff online and on cds like a can with windows ubuntu is just mainly good for internet and word docs and it does have a huge selection of games in sypatic already downloaded like 50 smaller games.  it does seem to stall on the fewer of the bigger racing games they had that wasn't near the graphics as when i use windows. ubuntu is bassicly has windows xp speed windows vistas fancy graphical effects macs sucerity but hears the downside windows 95 gaming capabilites. and about the same selection they had back then to.

Mulreay

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 03:28:55 AM »
    i am xp pro sp2 user and upgraded in xp3.. as i compare xp is much better than vista.. some online game is not compatible with vista..

Atleast we have stopped the blanket statements  ::) Yes Vista is awful not playing that online game I mean that is why Vista was brought out for all you plucky online gamers, such a lame argument.

Where does ubuntu and mac fit into this

Have you read the title to this thread by any chance?   :P
    In fact has anyone?   :||x

james202428

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 03:37:19 AM »
    Yes i did read the title and yes it isn't on the exact subject,   but it's close thought i would bring it up for some more chit chat,    didn't think anyone would care.

And what do you mean by anyone,   all the posts i read seemed to be on subject.

Mulreay

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 03:49:05 AM »
    Well you need to re-read. Just look at the topic header then read the 75% of arguments.
    And how can Ubuntu and Mac be close to the topic? It's not the same system or manufacturer.
    May be we should change the header to Everything about Win sucks apart from XP and if you have a MAC or Ubuntu please feel free to chirp up.  ::)

james202428

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 04:18:28 AM »

Yes these posts are not 100 percent on topic no conversation hardly is but they were on topic.
    « Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:30:25 AM by james202428 »

Mulreay

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 04:59:34 AM »
    I just don't think you appreciate how many times we have argued this out in numerous threads. The argument is getting very very old.

james202428

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 06:16:29 AM »
    you are the first person i seen on this forum telling somebody they were off topic

Mulreay

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 06:41:15 AM »
    Stick around long enough you will see it a lot..

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »
    Every thing you two just said was off so (to Mulreay) stop complaining about people being off topic. And just so this is on topic. I like Win7.