Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help please!!  (Read 2567 times)

JRod1987

Help please!!
« on: October 14, 2009, 03:35:55 PM »
Hello everyone. This is the computer that I currently experiencing problems with. I will give as much info as possible.

Emachines T6212
3200+ AMD Athlon 64 Processor
160 GB Hard Drive
512 MB DDR SDRAM
2.0 GHz
512 K L2 Cache
2000 MHz FSB

Here is whats been happening. Last night, I had ran a virus scan, with no detections. This morning when I woke up, the computer would not start properly. Before it can even reach boot up, it goes to the windows advanced options page. The only options I have are Safe Mode, Safe Mode w/ Networking, Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration, and Start Windows Normally. None of these options will work, as when I choose one, the computer shuts down and restarts. During initial load of computer, I have pressed F8, to bring up the windows advanced options page. When I do this, more options are available to me. These other options are Enable Boot Logging, Enable VGA Mode, Directory Services Restore Mode, Debugging Mode, Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure, Reboot, and Return to OS Choices Menu. Now, I have gone through every option, and the farthest I can get is with the Debugging Mode option. This takes me to the beginning sequence of the boot up, showing only the windows XP logo, and freezes there. Every other option then runs through a list of multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32 drivers. I have tried everything I can think of but to no avail. I know this is alot of information, but I am hoping that someone can help me get to the root of this problem. Thank you all.

EEVIAC

Re: Help please!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 04:56:50 PM »
Does your Windows XP installation CD, give you the option of "Repair Install"

If so, do a repair installation..

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Help please!!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »