Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internal USB hubs on laptops !!!  (Read 2661 times)

larryw

Internal USB hubs on laptops !!!
« on: October 24, 2009, 09:20:25 PM »
I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite L505D-S6952, while hooking up and trying to run my Audio interface with my DJ program I kept getting background noise, which I have discovered was partly due to my mouse plugged into another usb port, after disconnecting the mouse most of the noise went away, but some still remained. After talking to the tech at the support department I was told that I probably have IRQ conflicts within the laptop. I was also told that the usb's probably share an internal hub.
I am going to purchase a new laptop but need to find out if any of the usb ports are independent of each other.
Does anyone know how to tell if certain usb ports are independent of other ones??

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Internal USB hubs on laptops !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:34:12 PM »
1.  After talking to the tech at the support department I was told that I probably have IRQ conflicts within the laptop.
2.  I was also told that the usb's probably share an internal hub.
3.  I am going to purchase a new laptop but need to find out if any of the usb ports are independent of each other.   Does anyone know how to tell if certain usb ports are independent of other ones??

1.  IRQ  conflicts will not cause noise.
2.  They probably do.
3.  Not before you buy it.  I think you're barking up the wrong tree.  It could be the mouse wire was serving as an antenna.  Try the mouse in a different USB port or a different mouse or a wireless mouse.