Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hard drive always busy  (Read 18081 times)

Andrew Nguyen

hard drive always busy
« on: May 03, 2004, 05:00:49 PM »
hi guys, i'm new to thsi forum but i really need help with my computer. ok i just built my computer about 1 month ago and it has had no problems until like 3 days ago. every now and then the hard drive woudl start to "think" without me executing any programs. i'd check my Asus Probe and it would say that 99% of my RAM is being used even though i have no programs running, but the hard drive light is on (i know for a fact the RAM is being used for something because everything is really slow). when i would try to restart then Windows would say it's stoppign a program called ccApp, which i looked up was a Norton Antivirus 2003/2004 prog. so i uninstalled that and my Sygate firewall, but the problem persists. my pc would go through this hard drive ""thinking" thing about once every 10 minutes or so and it's getting really annoying. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanx in advance guys.

my pc for reference:
Asus A7N8X-X with Athlon XP 3000
512 MB Corsair DDR RAM
120 GB Western Digi hard drive
ATI/Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT 128 MB
Windows XP Pro SP1

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: hard drive always busy
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 12:14:40 AM »
    Andrew....You can call up your task manager by pressing control/alt./delete and then press task manager......if the culperate is ccApp......go to
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2003010811511306?OpenDocument&src=hot&prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=2003%20for%20Windows%202000/Me/98/XP&stg=2&base=http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav/&next=nav_2003_search_solve.html&sone=nav_2003_tasks.html&tpre=
    It will tell you more and how to disable .

dl65
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.