Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Setting up Wireless printing  (Read 2233 times)

ojas25

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• My Computer World
    Setting up Wireless printing
    « on: October 29, 2009, 02:19:16 PM »
    A friend of mine has set wireless printing, and it's not working. What he has done is 1. set up his wireless modem/router which is working ok 2. he has connected a belkin wireless server  to the wireless modem/router and has conncected the printer to the belkin wireless server. The printer is connected to the belkin by standard USB cable. The belkin tells him th IP address of it is 10.1.1.4
    What I want to know how can the computer connect to the belkin server and the modem and why has the belkin being connected to the wireless modem/router. The computer shows the printer is there with a red cross but will not print. Any ideas would be helpful  Ojas
    Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers

azulyx

Rookie
      Re: Setting up Wireless printing
      « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:25:21 AM »
      Hi Ojas25

It Would help some more info about Printer Model.
      Have you tried to cone ct First By Cable and then change to Wirelles conection
      Hope that Helps.

ultimatum

Intermediate
        « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »
        As mentioned by azulyx, first try connecting the printer using the cable. If that works move on to the next step. Why are you using Belkin Server? Was it supplied with the wireless printer?
        Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!

ojas25

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• My Computer World
          « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »
          As mentioned by azulyx, first try connecting the printer using the cable. If that works move on to the next step. Why are you using Belkin Server? Was it supplied with the wireless printer?

No it was not supplied with the printer and not sure why they have the belkin printer server connected to the wireless/modem router witch wireless also. Can the computer find both wireless units 1 being the belkin wireless printer server -  2 being the wireless modem router does the printer server need to be wireless if it is pluged into the wireless modem router? there are 2 computer on the network both wireless. Ojas
          Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers

ultimatum

Intermediate
            « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
            If there is no use for belkin server then remove it. Otherwise you have to set the router up properly for the belkin server to work, just more hassle. Yes it's possible that the computer will find both signals, but there is no point. Disconnect Belkin server, turn on your wireless printer. You will have to make some adjustments in your router so it allows the printer to be on the network. Can you provide the printer model?
            Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!