Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Overclocking  (Read 4568 times)

liltriniman

Overclocking
« on: April 26, 2004, 09:08:17 PM »
I know what overclocking does and I know what hurtful things can come from it. But what software/hardware do you need to do it and how would you go about doing it. ???

tinmanjohnny

Re: Overclocking
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 04:34:11 PM »
When you overclock,you are pushing the CPU above and beyond the "safe" zone as per manufactuers spec. Depending on your motherboard,some motherboards have utilities you can download from their site to monitor and tweak the CPU from your desktop. BE WARNED!: overclocking can lead to a fried CPU! Be sure you have adquate system cooling on both the CPU and your tower or case, as the overclocked CPU will run much hotter than before.

james

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 04:15:47 AM »
it can be dangerous. just have the right temperature moderating accessories and you should be fine.

get the hardware thermometers though, not the software ones.

KhMeR

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:03:03 PM »
overclocking your pc can shorten the life span of your system. Incorrectly overclocking your system can not only fry your cpu and crash your hard drive, it can also heat the inside of your case to unheard of temperatures, add-in cards instantly lose their warranty protection.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 11:28:41 PM »
    liltriniman.....Before you get carried away with overclocking.....BE WARNED......as mentioned by other posters......you'r asking for trouble. I would suggest you do a some research on the subject before rushing ahead. Some motherboards will not premit overclocking.
    If you are a serious gamer ......build a machine that will do the job.........Remember you can't make HONEY out of SH_T...........
    Good luck
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 02:51:27 PM »