Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My internet is Slow  (Read 14008 times)

Jamie

My internet is Slow
« on: May 01, 2004, 07:38:19 AM »
please help i hve XP on 600k broadband but my download speeds from downloads.com is only about 70kbps please help

merlin

Re: My internet is Slow
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 12:13:30 PM »
take the test>http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp  update modem drivers or try use another isp address?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 07:42:36 AM »
70kb/s isn't bad at all.

More than one person shares your bandwith, you could never have up to 600kb/s for a download speed. Unless no one else would be connected to the server of your ISP at that time. Which is nearly impossible.

I have a 3mb line and I can perhaps get speeds up to 600kb/s. Because my neighbours are all connected to the same Server. Each ISP has different servers and some are faster than others because less people are connected. (I donot think there's any way of choosing the server you want on, if there is, wow, I'd like to know!)

By the way, I'm new to this forum. Look forward to posting here. People call me Raptor ;)

merlin

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 01:53:43 PM »
try pinging the server and see if there is any packet loss..and is this the only web-site this happens on/download.com can be sluggish..due to server problems..