Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: C drive memory changed to 1Gb memory  (Read 12349 times)

Sacred_Devil

Re: C drive memory changed to 1Gb memory
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 03:44:25 AM »
i read the "fdisk" thing/document... then i follow its instruction. so it was how it went out:

Com: "Do you want to enable large disk for FAT32..."
Me: Yes(Y)

(side note:  --> means proceed to)

so i chose number (3) which is : delete partition or logical DOS Drive--> delete Logical DOS Drive(s) in the extended DOS Partition

After that it showed this message: No logical drives defined. All logical drives deleted in extended DOS Partition.

then i proceed to delete extended DOS Partition(number 2) . But it showed me this message: cannot delete extended DOS partition while logical drives exist.

so i tried every step.. rebooting times after times after different procedure.

then i went to choice 4: display partition information.
it showed me this:

The extended DOS Partition  contains Logical DOS Drives. Do you want to display the Logical drive information? i entered 'Yes"
it showed "No logical drives defined"

then in order for me to type all this thing using my computer, i install my OS Windows 98 ...  then around the beginning, it showed me this:

Caution SU0012
Setup detected an OS/2 or Window NT file system partition on your hard disk. Files on this partition will not be available when you use Windows 98. For more information, see setup.txt on setup disk 1 or Win98 Compact Disc

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 03:46:28 AM by Sacred_Devil »

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 04:14:49 AM »
You have many more choices. If you wish to completely remove all partitions made, I suggest you choose Delete Primary DOS partition.

If that does not work immediatly, use the other options.

Sacred_Devil

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 04:59:15 AM »
i can only delete the Logical DOS Drive(s) in the extended DOS Partition .... no other choices...

and also my partition percentage doesnt add up to 100%... because the "fdisk simulation" add up to  100% but mine only add up to 63%

Raptor

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 06:42:44 AM »
The remaining 37% should become available when you remove all partitions previously created.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 06:43:26 AM by Raptor »

Sacred_Devil

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 07:00:14 AM »
remove is the same as delete right?
but i can only delete Logical DOS Drive(s) in the extended DOS Partition .. after that i try to delete other partition... but it said cannot delete extended DOS partition while logical drives exist... if this one cannot be deleted, primary drive also can'tbe deleted...

Raptor

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 08:38:09 AM »
What if you try to do so whilst having the HDD mounted as a slave in another computer?

Sacred_Devil

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 04:51:21 PM »
i only have one computer.
maybe you can tell me what information you need for my computer and i put it up here.

Raptor

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 02:39:19 AM »
Lets summarize.

Your HDD is 67.7GB.
It is detected by Fdisk and Windows as 10.7GB.
You have reformatted all partitions
One partition refuses to be removed
You wish to install Windows 98

Is this correct?

1. Does your BIOS detect its full size? If no, you will have to configure the HDD manually by using the instructions printed on top of the HDD.

I. Should you wish to install Windows 98, you will have to use the FAT 32 file system. This means that a partition can only be 32GB large if I remember correctly.