Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dst short test fail - 2000-0146  (Read 20077 times)

saytheya

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Re: dst short test fail - 2000-0146
    « Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 02:39:11 PM »
    i didn't know that. i think my warranty may be up...or may be coming up in the spring. before this happened to my hdd, i was already thinking about getting a new, bigger hdd so this just made me do it sooner.

if the warranty was still valid and they fix it or replace it, can i put it in a hdd case and use it as an extra external drive?

edit: The product you identified was sold as a system component. Please contact your place of purchase for service. Seagate sells many drives to direct OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers. These products are usually configured for the OEMs only, as components for their systems. You must contact your place of purchase for any warranty support on these drives.
    If you purchased this unit directly from Seagate, please return to the previous page and verify your Seagate customer number, because the customer number you entered () does not match our records.

my warranty with dell for the computer is up, but i'll check with them to see if it's still covered in any way.
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:50:18 PM by saytheya »