Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AOL Help  (Read 2846 times)

Ultimate Toad

AOL Help
« on: November 27, 2009, 11:07:57 AM »
Hello, aptly-named forum. I'm having a problem with my internet connection and I've come to this place hoping I could get some advice. I'm computer illiterate, so I need it badly - I'm not even sure if this is the right board for this.

Info! (Case Details)

I'm using Windows XP. My computer completely crashed two days ago, deleting all of my files and documents -but that's not the problem. After the crash, I found I could no longer get onto the internet using AOL 9.1. I can still access it with AOL 9.0, so everything should be fine, but I found that, using 9.1, I can't get on to the one website I actually need to get one - Toonzone.forums.net. IT never completely loads.

When I try to get on AOL 9.1, an error message comes up suggesting I try one of four options - configuring my firewall to allow internet connection, checking my plugs, restarting the computer, or waiting a minute and trying again. I have done all of those - I completely killed Norton Antivirus and turned off Window Firewall (though it's back on right now, since I'm not trying 9.1 at the moment), I checked my plugs both internally and externally (according to the computer, an LAN cord is unplugged somewhere, but I don't see anything, and I'm not sure if that's a problem anyway). I did the other two multiple, multiple times. Nothing works.

Oh, I don't know if this is important or not, but I have no idea what caused the crash - I had a lot of downloaded data, and I had been ignoring a prompt to upgrade my computer via re-start, so I suppose either of those could be it.

Anybody here willing to try and set me straight.