Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Onboard Sound Issues  (Read 17103 times)

Vandervecken

Onboard Sound Issues
« on: June 08, 2004, 04:35:31 PM »
Hi,
I'm having some trouble with my onboard sound and I am hoping someone can help me.
I have a Gigabyte motherboard (GA7N400-L) which I bought about 8 months ago.
The right hand speaker has started to get really bad static interference.  The left hand speaker is fine.
I tested that it wasn't the speakers by plugging in my headphones, which get the exact same problem.
The speakers when plugged into the CDin do fine.
The static is mostly constant and quite strong, and sometimes seems to have regular beats in it.
Whenever I roll my mouse wheel I get very strong squeaking interference from the speaker.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Thanks very much

Vandervecken

Re: Onboard Sound Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 05:07:08 PM »
Vandervecken....I assume this is something that just started ........Have you updated any drivers recently? Have you checked the small cable which runs from the cd drive to either the motherboard or your sound card ?

let us know ......

dl65  ???

Vandervecken

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 12:58:41 AM »
I reinstalled the latest nForce 2 sound drivers today and the hum disappeared.  By evening it was back.
The cable from the Mobo to the CD is fine.  The distortion comes regardless of whether the hard drive or the CD is playing, but the direct CD line didn't have this problem.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 01:13:07 AM »
    Vandervecken.....Is it possible to try your sound card in another P/C.........if the sound is ok then your card is ok if not the card may be breaking down.
    Let us know.

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Vandervecken

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 01:23:57 AM »
    Unfortunately its onboard sound...

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 01:33:26 AM »
      Vandervecken....oops you did say sound was onboard....
      ok ...then do you have a pci sound card you could plug in .....then disable the onboard sound and see if the problems still there ?  Maybe borrow one from a friend .

dl65  ???
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.