Microsoft > Windows XP

Open all extensions of type .x with a particular account

<< < (3/6) > >>

Treval:
Or perhaps that 'weird' part is an octal/hexadecimal/other system translation to ASCII.
Doesn't mean it's infected.
A reply like that coming front a moderator.. I don't mean offense, but that was a bit noobish.

So, what's the solution, since this one doesn't appear to work?

Salmon Trout:
Treval, you're the one that's coming over, not exactly 'noobish', but certainly 'dorkish'. People are good enough to try to help you and you throw their efforts back in their faces with snarky remarks. You are infected. Being in denial about it and moreover being discourteous to the people who told you is not exactly going to get you a flood of help on here.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Treval:

How can I be infected if I've thoroughly scanned with NOD32 and Norton Internet Security and they both say I don't have any infections?
Perhaps some malware scans too?

kpac:

--- Quote ---How can I be infected if I've thoroughly scanned with NOD32 and Norton Internet Security and they both say I don't have any infections?
--- End quote ---
So you've got 2 AVs running?

BTW, AVs don't pick up everything - that's why you'll never see a "100% detection rate".

Treval:

No, I don't have 2 AV's running, however I have NOD32 with advanced heuristics and everything set.
NOD32 is the best AV out there, I've read the reviews/charts. It's also used by my college's WLAN admins.

The Norton Security Scan was that online scan.
It usually detects 1 more virus than NOD32 (probably because it's in RECLYCER, I don't know).

Anyway, now I'm scanning with MalwareBytes & SpyBotSD.
I must say my laptop runs smooth and nice so I have no problems.
It's hardly cookie/*ware infested. In fact, it's not.
I have a firewall that blocks cookies and I block all domains except those I accept.
I have adblock plus, noscript for firefox, hostsman.
I have to say I'm pretty well protected.

In my opinion it's too much of a hassle to be running 5 different products to know if you're 100% clean.
It's just a waste of my time.. I have other things to do..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version