Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Movie Maker 2.6 OK on Windows 7?  (Read 3084 times)

neelchauhan

Windows Movie Maker 2.6 OK on Windows 7?
« on: December 15, 2009, 01:51:34 PM »
I saw an article at http://on10.net/blogs/sarahintampa/Miss-the-Old-Movie-Maker-Get-it-Back-on-Windows-7/ and I wanted to know if I can use Movie Maker 2.6 (Or the Vista HD movie maker) on Windows 7 since I will start using it when I build my next PC (I delayed my PC build because of budget cuts)? I don't like the Windows Live Movie Maker.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:06:53 PM by neelchauhan »

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Windows Movie Maker 2.6 OK on Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:54:04 PM »
I saw an article at http://on10.net/blogs/sarahintampa/Miss-the-Old-Movie-Maker-Get-it-Back-on-Windows-7/ and I wanted to know if I can use Movie Maker 2.6 on Windows 7 since I will start using it when I build my next PC (I delayed my PC build because of budget cuts)? I don't like the Windows Live Movie Maker.

I have used it before on windows 7 (when it was still in one of the beta builds). I assume the official final released version of Windows 7 should be able to handle it.

I would make a clean system restore point before you start tinkering with that older Movie Maker, in the event that Movie Maker is not working, you can easily go back to previous state.

neelchauhan

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:27:14 AM »
I have used it before on windows 7 (when it was still in one of the beta builds). I assume the official final released version of Windows 7 should be able to handle it.

I would make a clean system restore point before you start tinkering with that older Movie Maker, in the event that Movie Maker is not working, you can easily go back to previous state.
I thanked you for the post. On my Next PC build, I will use a clean Install.

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 02:28:04 PM »
    Why is the Windows Live Movie Maker not an option?
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »
    Why is the Windows Live Movie Maker not an option?

I don't think it's that Windows Live Movie Maker is terrible in its rights, it's just you'd like the features that Vista's Movie Maker provided.