Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help!!  (Read 12893 times)

wenwen

help!!
« on: June 24, 2005, 12:54:37 AM »
Please help me solve the problem:when I are using the sharing printer ,my PC will restart . and when I wanted to review the properties of the printer,there was the window :"Founction address 0x573af04 caused a protection fault.(exception code 0xc0000005)
Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed".Who can tell me the reason? Thanks!!!The printer was used normally by my PC formerly.
???

mark_c

Re: help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 02:46:14 AM »
What OS are you using? I'm guessing it will be Microsoft of some sort. Have you changed any hardware/software recently that could have changed some setting for your shared printer?  What can you recall changing or adding or removing or any other thing that might have brought about a conflict before this probelm started?  Have you been through the printer troubleshooter? Try googling the error message or Microsoft support.

Finally does the printer still work? Does it work if you disconnect other computer/s it shares with. Check in printer sharing settings..........HTH........m

Mac

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 05:00:28 AM »
You should first of all see if there is a new printer driver available for your printer and install it if there is.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 04:09:41 PM »
What is the make/model of this printer.....is it networked...and how......

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 02:58:35 AM »
WenWen:

I got 35 hits with a google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&biw=999&q=0xc0000005+printer+site%3Amicrosoft.com&btnG=Search

What is the name of the printer manufacturer? Brother? HP?

Also, are you on a network with a Windows 2003 server, or a peer-to-peer network with no server?

Let us know,
Doc
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 03:01:46 AM by pcdoc4christ »