Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: introduce myself  (Read 10999 times)

philkacz

Topic Starter

Rookie

introduce myself
    « on: December 30, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
    Hi, I' new to CH so I thought I'd introduce myself. My username is philkacz, but PK will do. I have an A.A.S. degree in computer repair (hardware) from our local community college, and worked for 7 years for a local computer sales and service company, until the boss drove me crazy and I quit!!! Never felt the need for the "latest & greatest," just like a good, quick, dependable machine. The last 'store bought' PC that my wife and I had was a '96 IBM.
    My last upgrade is in an old Enlight mid-tower. After swapping in a Cool-Max 450w PS, I added the following:
    Asus M2N-SLI MoBo
    AMD Athalon 64x2 Dual Core 4600+
    2 GB Kingston RAM DDR2
    Diamond x1600 Pro 512 PCIE video
    on-board audio
    WD 80GB SATA
    WD 40GB PATA
    LG  CD-RW
    Lite-on DVD-RW
    Runs fine, does pretty much everything I need it to. Need to swap the 40GB for another 80 GB SATA so I can do a better backup. Used Ghost a lot when I worked for that company, so 'cloning' the HDD once a week would work for me.
    Later I'll post what I have in my wife's machine, this is the first time hers is actually a little faster than mine, but she really does more with it than I do with mine.
    Later,
    philkacz

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: introduce myself
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »
    Looks like a good system and thanks for sharing. I've got you added to the SBCC and you should have an icon.
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein