Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: messed up my laptop  (Read 2959 times)

steveguy

Topic Starter

Starter

messed up my laptop
    « on: December 30, 2009, 02:06:40 AM »
    Hi, i tried to install windows 7 as an upgrade to vista and it would not work, but in the process it must have changed some of my laptop settings. I cancelled the install and reverted back to vista, but now i have problems. My wireless internet does not seem to work although it says im connected i cant get online. I cant see any obvious setting problems although i keep getting a window come up saying i could not connect to my dial up connection, which i dont have.... any help appreciated thanks..

Mulreay

Re: messed up my laptop
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 04:55:49 AM »
    Hi Steveguy welcome to computerhope.

If you go into Start (the windows logo in the bottom left) control panel then click on classic view. You want to find device manager then go into network adapters. Right click on your adapter and choose uninstall. DO NOT delete the driver just uninstall it.
    Restart your laptop the driver will automatically install on start up. Re-activate your wireless and see if the problem has been resolved.  Post back the results and we can move on from there.  ;)

steveguy

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:52:24 AM »
      thanks Mulreay,
      thanks for the help, i did as you said and now it comes up that im forbidden, it says that i was denied access because: access denied by access control list.. whatever that means

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 07:55:24 AM »

steveguy

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 08:29:13 AM »
        Thanks Allan, but im not trying to connect using a dial up connection, its using wireless BB im having problems with

talontromper

Hopeful
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »
        have you tried resetting your router/modem (or both if you have them)?
        "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide