Microsoft > Windows XP

PLEASE HELP VIRUS W32.WALLZ

(1/4) > >>

kopenhagen:
Every time I format then as soon as I connect to the internet, the virus is attached to my pc.

I USE NAV with upgrade but it can't remove it

I try Trend micro housecall

still it can't remove

I still have the virus alert from Norton

C:\WIN/SYSTEM32\MOUSEHS.EXE
VIRUS NAME: W32.WALLZ

I try to remove it from safe mode no luck

my screen keeps frozen and sometime can't turn off or restart.

Does it happen to anyone?, I've checked with Microsoft support , I have modified registry according to them,
but no luck

Thanks

jtaylor20:
try reformatting again, this time, before you connect to the internet you should install norton.  also, you should put the virus fix or patch onto a cd or something and load it on before you plug into the internet.  i had a similar problem last year, just a different virus.  it must have been attached to my ip or something.  but the above worked for me, so try it out.

kopenhagen:

--- Quote ---try reformatting again, this time, before you connect to the internet you should install norton.  also, you should put the virus fix or patch onto a cd or something and load it on before you plug into the internet.  i had a similar problem last year, just a different virus.  it must have been attached to my ip or something.  but the above worked for me, so try it out.
--- End quote ---

I have formated twice, and reinstall Norton then scan,also ad aware and spy bot

You're right the virus is attached to random IP
now how do you put the virus fix or patch into a CD???

merlin_2:
May i suggest you disconnect fom the net.....and scan again in safe mode......and quarentine the virus in nav.....by reformatted a pc does not kill all the bugs!

dl65:
kopenhagen.....  Several questions ......

1.....Do you have the system restore feature turned off ?

2.....Which version of Norton are you using and is it up to date re subscription and updates ?

3.....Does Norton find the virus and indicate where it is residing ?

4......Have you made the deletions and modifications to the registry as detailed by symantec ........ http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.wallz.html

Let us know

dl65  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version