Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i cant print from internet  (Read 22666 times)

mxs8770

i cant print from internet
« on: June 25, 2005, 08:47:37 PM »
hi  ;D ;D
i need help, lots of it but to start off i cant seem to print of the interneti already tried some things but i just cant get it to print. please help!

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: i cant print from internet
    « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 09:08:31 PM »
    Operating System?
    Printer?
    Drivers Installed?
    Can you print at all?
    Is your printer plugged in?
    What have you already tried?
    Paper?  ;D

mxs8770

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 05:25:43 PM »
    yeah everything is fine cause i could print when im in word processor, i have not  unplug anything or moved anything. but i dont know about operating system?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 01:30:56 AM »
    See if the following article is of any use:

Printer Help

Can you describe exactly what steps you take when you try to print, what you try to print and what happens after you press the OK button?
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 01:31:10 AM by Raptor »

mxs8770

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 02:01:31 AM »
    well i tried just printing this web page and i cant. i go to file ,print and it just seems that the sreen blinks like it going to confirm the action but nothing happens. i tried the printing button, nothing happens, its weird cause i cant access of of the advertisement picture or links, it does the same thing, it looks like its taking off (loading) but the page just blinks no messages, no no loading. and it doesent freeze on me. Help! hope you could understand and find me a solution to my problem. greatly appreciated! :)

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 02:06:03 AM »
    See if resetting IE to default has a positive effect.

1. Start
    2. Settings
    3. Control Panel
    4. Internet Options
    5. Security tab
    6. Reset all security zones to Default

And/or

1. Start
    2. Settings
    3. Control Panel
    4. Internet Options
    5. Advanced
    6. Restore Defaults button.

Also scan for Viruses, Trojan Horses and Spyware

AVG Free
    -- Anti virus scanner
    Adaware SE Personal
    -- Anti spyware scanner
    Microsoft Antispyware
    -- Anti spyware scanner. Windows XP Home and Professional only.
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    -- Anti spyware scanner
    ZoneAlarm Free
    -- Free firewall - more user friendly
    Sygate Personal
    -- Free firewall - more configuration options

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 02:18:56 AM »
      If after resetting your IE defaults and ensuring your computer is bug free it still won't print, try uninstalling & reinstalling the printer completely.

mxs8770

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 02:35:01 AM »
      o.k. cool i tried the first 2 options before i came  to u guys so im just going to scan for viruses. if dont work ill be back.   thank u so much.

but just wondering why, why would i have to reinstall the printer again.
      did i not install it right, and if didnt why did it print for the first few times?

mxs8770

?Re: i cant print from internet
      « Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 02:47:36 AM »
      yeah so im stuck now, that list that you gave me scan  for viruses, well if they are supposed take me somewhere i cant access them, i cant go to those certain links,  it just sits there , i just see the window blink like if its going to load but it doesent,so im stuck, dont know what to do?

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 03:11:49 AM »
      Quote my previous message and manually copy the links into the adress bar.
      « Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 03:12:02 AM by Raptor »

merlin_2

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 12:41:42 PM »
      Repair ie 6>> type this in the run box rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance   and chose repair....i take it that your printer will print everything else but stuff from the net......

mxs8770

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 03:58:29 PM »
      o.k. i tried the new step and i got a message when i typed it in. its said that it cant find rundll32setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenace, it says that i probably type it wrong or another program is open and cannot fidn a system file to search for a file it suggest to me to search for the file but my "find" dont work either (typical :-/) so what do i do now and i tried dowanloading the software for the viruses but it said that i didnt download it right, there was an error downloading.

merlin_2

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »
      Reboot pc and hold the f8 key and now chose the last good config option........use the arrows keys on the keyboard ......and enter  it......
      « Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 04:04:02 PM by merlin_2 »

mxs8770

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 04:36:38 PM »
      HELP!!!! NOW MY WHOLE SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK!! i tried downloading the avg software again and i did it and it downloaded great it ask me to restart the whole systems and i did and when it came back it said error loading exporer must reinstall windows! i dont have the software to reinstall it !!!!! HELP!!! fast !! PLEASE!!!

merlin_2

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 04:42:10 PM »
      Questions i asked.....no replies.....can yor printer print normally....answer? have you got any anti-virus software program on your pc?besides avg.......are you listening.....disconnect form the net .....re-boot pc and hold down the f8 key and chose last good config.....and reboot.do the same again now scan for bugs......i would have thought ie6 is damaged......
      « Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 04:50:54 PM by merlin_2 »